This ambitious hiking trail with far-reaching views of the Dolomites is a spectacular hike.
From the parking place in Falzeben the way no. 14 leads past the Zuegg Hütte and the Rotwandhütte Mountain Huts to the summit station Meran 2000 (time to walk: about 1 hour, accessible also by the Falzeben Cable Car or the Meran 2000 Cable Car). The way no. 14 takes to the Kirchsteiger Alm and Meraner Hütte Mountain Huts, from there follow the european distance footpath E5 to Kreuzjoch and on to the Kreuzjöchl - here you'll find a new viewing platform.
For the return trip take the paths no. 5A and 5 to the Vöraner Alm Mountain Hut, then descent past the Wurzer Alm Mountain Hut to Hafling. You can reach the starting point in Falzeben by bus.
description to arrive at destination
Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran - Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo
Two possibilities to reach the summit station:
- parking place in Naiftal/Val di Nova in Meran, ascent with the Meran 2000 funicular
- parking place in Falzeben in Hafling/Avelengo, ascent with the Falzeben cable car
- Parking area in Falzeben, on charge (day-ticket € 4,00 for car)
- Free parking area in Naiftal at the valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular
Valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular/Naiftal:
Valley station of the Falzeben Cable Car:
- Bus no. 225 "Meran - Hafling - Falzeben/Vöran"
- Bus no. 156 "Hafling - Vöran - Mölten - Jenesien"
You'll find the time table on the site: www.sii.bz.it/en