High Altitude Hike on Vigiljoch
Just above Marling the Marling Mountain rises up with an imposing forest and legendary lookout. It offers something special, in that it has numerous hiking possibilities.
High Altitude Hike on Vigiljoch in Lana with begin at 1,450 meters.
After the cable car ride to the Vigiljoch, the hike begins at the mountain station at 1,450 meters a.s.l. Trail no. 34 leads to the small Church of St. Vigilius, the highest point on this hike.
From here trail no. 9 leads to the lake Schwarze Lacke habitat. Following the signposts for trail no. 7 the route then leads via a lovely panoramic trail to path no. 34 back to the mountain station.
From Merano or Bolzano to Lana, until the Vigiljoch/San Vigilio cable car.
Aderss Vigiljoch/San Vigilio Cable Car: Villener Weg/Via Villa 3, 39011 Lana by Meran/Merano, Phone +39 0473 56 13 33
Directly in front of the cable car there is a limited parking area.
The bus line 211, which stopps also in the Gampenstr./Via Palade in Marling/Marlengo goes directly to the bus station in Lana. From there 5 minutes on foot to the valley station of the Vigiljoch/ Monte San Vigilio cable car.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.