Hiking, medium, High Mountain Trail
Pleasure Hiking in Marling
Pleasure Hiking Tour in Marling/Marlengo with start at the railway station.
Pleasure Hiking in Marling/Marlengo with start at the railway station.
From the station the Untersteiner Steig leads up to the Marling Waalweg Trail. Taking this trail the route continues toward Lana as far as the next turnoff. Here take path no. 35 towards the Marling Höhenweg trail to Gasthaus Senn am Egg. The high altitude trail then continues in a southerly direction as far as the turnoff to Gasthaus Tschigg. Here take trail no. 32 first past the Gasthaus and then continue along trail no. 33 to Hof Halbweg farmstead. Here the paved road heads towards Jausenstation Hoferhof, from where it is possible to purchase a snack or drink. Just before the Gasthaus it is possible to choose to descend via path no. 33 B to the Marling Waalweg trail. Following the Waalweg towards Töll/Tel will bring you back to Marling/Marlengo village centre and / or the railway station.
description to arrive at destination
From Meran/Merano or the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the railway station of Marling/Marlengo.
On the public car park next to the station of Marlengo can be parked for free for 120 minutes (with parking ticket!). For a longer parking time parking tickets can be solved (0,50 € / hr), whereby two hours are always free.
Take the train Vinschger Bahn line 250 and get off at Marling station. You can also take the bus line 212. Timetable www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.