Terrain Cure Trail 1 - Circular trail: Aschbach - Vigiljoch - Aschbach
The Climatic Terrain Cure - Health and Fitness for the Heart and Circulation
- Total length: 6.6 km
- Length of ascending sections: 2.4 km
- Ø walking time: 2 h 15 min at 3 km/h
- Altitude: approx. 1350 - 1800 m
- Degree of difficulty in terms of performance physiology: very high (7 out of 7)
- Thermal stress level: easy
- Energy expenditure during ascents: 8.1 kcal/min at 3 km/h
- Power output during ascents: 125 Watts at 3 km/h
Route: Take the cable car from Rabland to Aschbach. Here follow trail no. 28 uphill to the Vigiljoch. Next take trail no. 9 in a northerly direction to Gasthaus Seespitz and then along trail nos. 9 and 27 back to your starting point in Aschbach.
Landscape & Requirements: Predominantly shady forest trail - 60% forest - no dust or noise pollution, suitable for climatic terrain hiking all year round even in bad weather; requires excellent physical fitness due to the many ascents.
Interesting Sights: St Vigilius Church with wonderful views of Merano, the Dolomites and the Vinschgau