Terrain Cure Trail 6 - Partschins – Vertigen – Partschinser Waalweg – Partschins Waterfall
The Climatic Terrain Cure - Health and Fitness for the Heart and Circulation
- Total length: 4.2 km
- Length of ascending sections: 2.8 km
- Ø walking time: 1 h 30 min. at 3 km/h
- Altitude: approx. 620 – 1080 m
- Degree of difficulty in terms of performance physiology: high (6 out of 7)
- Thermal stress level: high
- Energy expenditure during ascents: 8.2 kcal/min at 3 km/h
- Power output during ascents: 125 Watts at 3 km/h
Route: Head east from the centre of Partschins following the signposts for the “Sagenweg-Waalweg”. After a short steep ascent head up to the hamlet of Vertigen and to the start of the Partschins irrigation channel path (or Waalweg). Here follow the Waalweg as far as Wasserfallstrasse. Turn right and follow trail no. 1 and then the signposts for Partschins Waterfall. Return to the village by bus.
Landscape & Requirements: Dense deciduous forest - 35% forest/forest edge - alternating with open landscape sections (55%), lovely views, the peaceful rippling sound of the irrigation channel, strong thermal stimulus intensity due to ascending sections exposed to the sun. For this reason not recommended in blazing sunshine.
Interesting Sights: Partschins Waterfall climatic health resort: impressive natural spectacle and refreshing healing climate