On Meran 2000 the back country skiers may ascend on the "Kuhleiten Route" to the Kuhleitenhütte Mountain Hut on 2,362 metres.
Back country skiers may ascend to the Zuegg Hütte Mountain Hut via the hiking trail from Falzeben via the Rotwand Hütte Mountain Hut. From there, they can access the Waidmann Alm Mountain Hut (1,998 m) along the Mittelweg trail and then continue to climb to the high-altitude Kuhleiten Hütte Mountain Hut (2,362 m). The route described has been marked as the "Kuhleiten Route" by the landlord of the Kuhleiten Mountain Hut using blue signposts.
On Thursdays and Fridays, preparation work is suspended along the "Kuhleiten Route" marked with blue signposts between 5.30 and 11 pm. Skiers are permitted to ascend via this route only from 5.30 pm. They must have completed their descent before 11 pm.
Permitted descent route: St. Oswald Piste> ski trail to the Rotwand Mountain Hut > Zuegg Mountain Hut > Falzeben. It is strictly forbidden to leave the marked descent route. Use of head lamps is mandatory!
description to arrive at destination
Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran/Merano - Bolzano/Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo. Shortly before Hafling Dorf/Avelengo Paese turn left towards Falzeben.
Parking area in Falzeben, on charge (day-ticket € 4,00 for car)
With the bus to the bus stop "Falzeben":
- Bus no. 225 "Meran - Hafling - Falzeben"
- Bus no. 204 "Hafling - Vöran - Mölten - Terlan - Bozen" (until Hafling Dorf, than change to busline no. 225)
You'll find the time table on the site: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/.
- Ascending via the ski slopes and toboggan runs is forbidden both during the day and by night. Equally, descending outside of the hours of operation is strictly prohibited.
- Close to the pistes and especially at those points where the route crosses the pistes, back country skiers are requested to exercise extreme caution! Downhill skiers and piste vehicles must always be given right of way!
- Trails and ski slopes are used at your own responsibility and risk.
- Attention! The trails and piste areas are not specially prepared and no piste service personnel are available.
Please always take heed of Alpine dangers and use appropriate equipment!
All necessary equipment may be rented at Falzeben: