St. Rupert’s Church
The church, mentioned as far back as 1332, with its flat ceiling was increased in height in the late Gothic period and lengthened by the chancel with ribbed vaults above short round pillars and pointed corbels. The church was rededicated in 1472. The small tower that was built from hewn stone at the same time as the chancel remained incomplete and was later finished in brick.
In 1900 the church was extensively renovated. There is a large painting on the façade at the top of which the earlier, lower gable can be seen. In addition there is a broad border with small bust portraits in quatrefoils. On the southern side is the sundial which bears the date 1537. Inside there are traces of gilded frescoes from the early 15th century. The winged shrine with ancient sculptures is of the Schnatterpeck school.
St. Rupert’s Church was most recently renovated in 2007/08, and the altar dedication took place on 21st September 2008.
Along the Bolzano-Merano expressway to the Merano South/Sinigo exit - Tirolo - along the main street to the car park beside the Clubhouse. From there on foot along the Via Aica to the church.