Hiking along the Sarntal Alps: 7 days - 81 km - 4,990 metres
The Sarntaler Hufeisentour is a seven-day hike in the Sarntal Alps.
From the parking place in Falzeben the way no. 14 leads past the Zuegg Hütte Mountain Hut to the Kirchsteiger Alm and Meraner Hütte Mountain Huts. From there the way no. 4 takes you to the Kreuzjöchl pass and on to the Kreuzjoch, the Auener Joch and the Stoanernen Mandln (the stone men on 2,003m).
- above the Vöraner Alm and Wurzer Alm Mountain Huts to Hafling/Avelengo
- above the Vöraner Alm and Leadner Alm Mountain Huts to Vöran/Verano (retour by bus)
- above the Möltner Kaser Mountain Hut to Mölten/Meltina and Jenesien/San Genesio (retour by the hiking bus Tschögglberg)
description to arrive at destination
Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran/Merano - Bolzano/Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo. Shortly before Hafling Dorf/Avelengo Paese turn left towards Falzeben.
Parking area in Falzeben, on charge (day-ticket € 4,00 for car)
With the bus until the bus stop "Falzeben":
- Bus no. 225 "Meran - Hafling - Falzeben"
- Bus no. 204 "Hafling - Vöran - Mölten - Terlan - Bozen" (until Hafling Dorf, than change to busline no. 225)
You'll find the time table on the site: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/