A special adventure at Meran 2000 is the idyllic loop trail that runs from either Falzeben or Piffing to Kratzberger See Lake. The small mountain lake, which is easily accessible to families with children, offers a magnificent view of the neighbouring Sarntal Valley. Hikers can cool tired feet in the cold water.
Please note: This is not a bathing lake.
The starting point of the hike is the Piffinger Köpfl (1,900m) on Meran 2000. The starting point can be reached either with the Falzeben cable car, the Meran 2000 mountain railway or via a walk of about 1 hour from Falzeben/Hafling. From here, trail no. 3 leads up a moderate incline to the Missensteinjoch at 2,128m. Via the European long-distance hiking trail E5 (also no. 4), continue left to the Kratzbergersee lake. The way back leads along the same path to the Missenstein Joch, after which there are several variants:
- Via trail no. 3 back to the Piffinger Köpfel.
- Via trail no. 18 A and no. 14 to Falzeben/Hafling
- Via the Meraner Hütte to the Spieler and Kreuzjöchl and then via the Maiser Alm and Moschwald Alm back to Falzeben/Hafling
Description to arrive at destination
Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran/Merano - Bolzano/Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo.
Two possibilities to reach the summit station:
- parking place in Naiftal/Val di Nova in Meran, ascent with the Meran 2000 funicular
- parking place in Falzeben in Hafling/Avelengo, ascent with the Falzeben cable car
- Parking area in Falzeben, on charge
- Free parking area in Naiftal at the valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular
Valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular/Naiftal:
Valley station of the Falzeben Cable Car:
- Bus no. 225 "Meran - Hafling - Falzeben"
- Bus no. 204 "Hafling - Vöran - Mölten - Terlan - Bozen" (until Hafling Dorf, than change to busline no. 225)
You'll find the time table on the site: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/