The Mountain Hut Hike at Meran 2000 is a very special experience. This simple walk is even doable with a trekking stroller.
First, take the new cable car up from Meran - or you can drive to Falzeben and take the lift up -to the summit station at Piffing. The actual hike starts here.
The first mountain hut is right along the trail: it’s called Pfiffinger Köpfl. From there, take trail No. 3 to the Waidmann Alm Mountain Hut, then Kirchsteiger Alm or continue on to Meraner Hütte Mountain Hut. You’ll continue along a pleasant hiking trail to Rotwandhütte Mountain Hut. Frome there, hikers can either return to Piffing or walk to Falzeben via the Zuegghütte Mountain Hut. After arriving at Falzeben, you can head to the car or can go back to Piffing, either via the endless loop cableway or on foot to the summit station of the new cable car.
description to arrive at destination
Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran/Merano - Bolzano/Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo
Two possibilities to reach the summit station:
- parking place in Naiftal/Val di Nova in Meran, ascent with the Meran 2000 funicular
- parking place in Falzeben in Hafling/Avelengo, ascent with the Falzeben cable car
- Parking area in Falzeben, on charge (day-ticket € 4,00 for car)
- Free parking area in Naiftal at the valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular
Valley station of the Meran 2000 funicular/Naiftal:
Valley station of the Falzeben Cable Car:
- Bus no. 225 "Meran - Hafling - Falzeben"
- Bus no. 204 "Hafling - Vöran - Mölten - Terlan - Bozen" (until Hafling Dorf, than change to busline no. 225)
You'll find the time table on the site: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/