Circular Hike on the Martinsweg Trail
Martinsweg trail is an easily accessible, newly laid circular route named after the small Church of St. Martin, which is located close to the Eggerhöfe farmsteads.
The starting point is the public car park at Gasthaus Eggerhof. The Martinsweg trail is signposted (first on path no. 9 then path no. 27) and initially leads slightly uphill to a viewing point and past the inn back to the car park.
From Meran/Merano or the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the restaurant Eggerhof across Töll/Tel and Quadrat/Quadrato.
Directly in front of the restaurant Eggerhof.
The restaurant Eggerhof ist not accessible with public transportation.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.