Marlinger Berg Mountain and Vigiljoch/Monte San Vigilio with starting point at the restaurant/Gasthaus Eggerhof.
The starting point is the car park at Gasthaus Eggerhof. From here take path no. 31 (Eggersteig) past the Almboden clearing to the mountain station of the Vigiljoch cable car then continue along path no. 34 to the small Church of St. Vigilius and then along path no. 9 past the Schwarze Lacke habitat back to the starting point.
description to arrive at destination
From Meran/Merano or from the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the restaurant Eggerhof across Töll/Tel and Quadrat/Quadrato.
Directly next to the restaurant Eggerhof.
The restaurant Eggerhof is not acessible by public transportation.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots or snow boots and sufficient drinking are required.