Marlinger Waal Woodland Nature Trail
The Walderlebnispfad (Forest Adventure) trail is as didactical nature walk with 13 illustrative posts carrying information about the flora and fauna inhabiting the forest.
The woodland nature trail was designed in line with scientific principles and, using a variety of different interactive exhibits, communicates a lot of interesting facts about nature, the forest and water.
The 2 km-long trail runs along the Marling Waalweg trail. It starts at Gasthof Waldschenke and ends below Lebenberg Castle. It promises an entertaining and informative hike in a spot with plenty of great views. Easily negotiated and also partially wheelchair accessible, the Walderlebnispfad trail is a recreational area for families.
From Meran/Merano or the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the centre of Marlengo then the street Felix Weg/V. San Felice up to the restaurant Waldschenke.
On the public car park next to the hotel Waldschenke can be parked for free.
The bus line 212 goes directly into the centre of Marling/Marlengo. From there about 20 min. up to the restaurant Waldschenke.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.