Circular Hike on Marlinger Berg Mountain
Circular Hike on Marlinger Berg Mountain along the irrigation channel and the Höhenweg of Marlengo.
Starting from the car park at Restaurant Waldschenke, briefly follow the Waalweg trail toward Töll/Tell as far as the next junction, from which path no. 35 passes Restaurant Senn am Egg and up to the paved road. From here continue via path no. 9 to the Flatscher Steig turnoff. This steep trail eventually joins path no. 31, then heads downhill past Gasthaus Tschigg and then via path no. 33 to the Marling Waalweg trail. Continue along this path toward Töll/Rell and back to the starting point.
From Meran/Merano or the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the centre of Marlengo then the street Felix Weg/V. San Felice up to the restaurant Waldschenke.
On the public car park next to the hotel Waldschenke can be parked for free.
The bus line 212 goes directly into the centre of Marling/Marlengo. From there about 20 min. up to the restaurant Waldschenke.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain snow boots and sufficient drinking are required.