Weer Webcams

Parish church Proves

In the 14th century, the Proveisers built the church "To Saint Nicholas with the bullets", the patron saint of mines. As copper and gold were mined earlier in this mountain area and many a squire later settled as a farmer in provis, the Romans Nonsberger also called the Proveisers "Knòperi".

In the 19th century, the old church was so dilapidated that it had to be completely rebuilt. From 1870 to 1876, under the curate Franz Xaver Mitterer, the parish church Proveis was built in neo-gothic style. Particularly impressive are the free-standing tower and the frescoes by Albrecht Steiner inside the church.

Was de inhoud nuttig voor u?
Hartelijk dank voor uw feedback!
Dank u!