Parish church S. Pancrazio
Where today the neo-gothic church of S. Pancrazio stands, used to be the oldest church of the Ultental Valley. The remains of the old long house walls are still preserved. The church was rebuilt in 1338, and in the second half of the 15th century the choir and the vaulting of the nave were built. Around 1890, the Baroque interior was replaced by a Gothic Revival interior.
The tower clock with richly painted dials and the holy figures on the church doors are particularly worth seeing. The pointed arch portal adorns the neo-gothic carvings of Blasius Mayrhofer, a native of Ultental Valley. Look out for the impressive high altar dedicated to the patron saint of S. Pancrazio and the Gothic 15th century Madonna on the right side altar.
Arrival from the north over the Brenner Pass: A22 - exit Bolzano South - expressway towards Merano - exit Merano South (industrial zone Lana) - Lana - Ulten Valley - St. Pankraz -Parish church s. Pancrazio
Arrival from the northwest over the Reschen Pass: Reschen Pass - Vinschgau - motorway towards Bolzano - exit Merano South (industrial zone Lana) - Lana - Ulten Valley - St. Pankraz-Parish church s. Pancrazio
Arrival from the south via the Brenner motorway: A22 - exit Bolzano South - motorway towards Merano - exit Merano South (industrial zone Lana) - Lana - Ulten Valley - St. Pankraz-Parish church s. Pancrazio