The entrance hall of the Gampen Bunker serves as a photographic exhibition and the title of the current exhibition is The road across the Gampenpass.
The black and white images recount how this renowned 1,518 m road connecting Lana and Fondo was built.
The Gampenpass Mountain Road
Constructed between 1935 and 1939, the road across the pass was an engineering feat. After significant financial problems and following protests from the local population, the road finally opened to traffic on June 10, 1939.