The history of the pilgrimage church of Madonna di Senales/Unser Frau in the eponymous village reaches far back into the past. In 1304, a small 13 cm wooden statue of the Virgin Mary was found here. This was at the same spot where the Marian pilgrimage church is situated today - a church that originally evolved from a simple, Gothic chapel and was later renovated in the Baroque style. The Marian statue is still kept at the pilgrimage church and is now stored in the church monstrance. The church is a monument to a statue. All of 1,500 m above sea level, the pilgrimage village of Unser Frau was a stop-over for centuries for people coming from Augsburg using the Alpine crossing.