Gargazzone is home not only to the first natural swimming pool in the whole of the Etschtal Valley but also to one of the largest children's playgrounds in South Tyrol. At 5,000 m2 and with numerous items of equipment, this award-winning children's playground in the center of Gargazzone is in keeping with the reputation of Lana and the surrounding area for being a holiday paradise for families.
In 1999, this central park was expanded as a meeting point for young and old and contains among others the following facilities:
- a big multi-functional ballgame field for football, basketball and volleyball
- an equipment area with protection against falling
- an area for mothers and small children with pergola, seats, sand boxes and toys for the smallest
- a big sand game hollow with water pumps
- a central place with fountains and water games
- 2 additional movement games for bigger children
- a meeting point for the youth with 2 table tennis tables
- a field with volleyball net
Playgrounds are for children, but also important for parents. They offer the little ones the chance to enjoy healthy, child-oriented development. At Gargazzone playground, which is constantly being updated, children can actively and playfully develop their perception and motor skills whilst experiencing being together with other children, learning life lessons in the process. Parents can relax whilst still being able to keep an eye on their children.