The Church of the Holy Cross Heilig Kreuz Kirche in Mitterlana is the central church in Lana and dates from the 20th century. The church was built during the term of office of the Dean, Rev. Alfred Delucca OT in the politically and economically difficult years between 1938 and 1943. The building was completed in 1950 and inaugurated during the Feast of Christ the King by Suffragan Bishop Oreste Rauzi of Trento.
The spherical roof of the tower is colloquially known as the Lana Apple by the local people. What is today's main parish church in Lana was built between 1938 and 1950 following plans by the famous Stuttgart church-builder, Otto Lindner, in the style of an ancient Roman basilica.
Saturday at 18.00 (in summer at 19.30) in german language
Sunday at 07.00 Uhr and 09.00 in german language