Easy Hike on Marling Waalweg Trail with start in the centre of Marling/Marlengo.
The route climbs next to the hotel restaurant Oberwirt, path no. 35 or 35 B through orchards up to the Waalweg (or irrigation channel trail). From here it heads – accompanied by lovely views - toward Lana. The route then passes Gasthaus Waalheim (from where it is possible to make an early descent back to Marling/Marlengo) above the Mitterterz/Terzo di Mezzo area of the village until finally crossing the road leading to Lebenberg Castle. Follow street Lebenbergerstrasse for a few hundred meters downhill, then turn left across Mitterterzerstrasse past attractive farmsteads back to Marling/Marlengo.
description to arrive at destination
From Meran/Merano or the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the centre of Marling/Marlengo.
On the public car parks in the center of Marlengo (next to the fire brigade and in the Traubenwirt's park) can be parked for free for 120 minutes (with parking ticket!). For a longer parking time parking tickets can be solved (0,50 € / hr), whereby two hours are always free.
The bus line 212 stopps directly in the centre of Marling/Marlengo.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.