New Parish Church of Rabland
The Christkönigskirche church, also known as the new parish church, was built between 1961 and 1963. The church has a flat-ceiling nave with a separate altar area. The two stained glass windows are by Heiner Gschwendt from Chiusa/Klausen, the church organ, consecrated in 1987, is by Andrea Zeni, and all other works of art connected with the church, including the granite fountain in front of the church and the statue of the Archangel Michael made of Lasa marble housed in a niche on the church square, are by the famous artist Friedrich Gurschler (1923-2020†).
Friedrich Gurschler was born in February 1923 on a farm near Madonna di Senales/Unsere Frau in Val Senales/Schnalstal Valley and is an honorary citizen of Parcines/Partschins.
Parking at the church
From Meran/Merano : by train or by busline 251 through Rabland
From the Vinschgau/Val Venosta: by train or by bus 251 through Rabland