The heritage of this region constitutes evidence that this has long been a popular settlement area. Thus the discovery of relics dating back to the early Iron Age on the Golderskofel (966 m) above Parcines indicate that this may have been a site where burnt offerings were made. Other prehistorical sites are located near the Hochganghaus mountain hut, the Zieltal valley and the Spronser Seen Lakes. The entire municipality is home to innumerable cup-marked stones, the true significance of which is still a mystery. Another relic of the early Iron Age (8th century BC) is a bronze winged axe, found among debris in the Zielbach near the Rablà bridge in December 1914. Parcines was also home to an Iron Age settlement, which has been known since a Raetian house was found in Hubenstraße.
This area was also of much importance during Roman times. Interregional trade was furthered by the neighbouring Via Claudia Augusta, a road that brought prosperity to the region. As well as a significant milestone - a kind of building inscription for the Via Claudia Augusta - the gravestone of a man called Eutropius has also survived and may be seen at the Hochhubenhof in Parcines today. Another attraction is a stone dedicated to the goddess Nemesis in the middle of the 2nd century AD by a "beneficiarius" or policeman. Yet another consecrated stone was dedicated to the goddess Diana during the 1st half of the 3rd century AD and was found in the Zielbach during the 17th century; it is now on display at the Ferdinand Museum in Innsbruck. It is assumed that there was already a toll station in Tel during Roman times and that this formed the border between the Regio X Venetia et Histria and the Province of Raetia. All the inscriptions found were hewn in marble mined in a quarry above the hamlet of Quadrat on the Nörderberg mountain.
Parcines/Partschins is the main village in this region, located on a detritus cone at the foot of the Sonnenberg mountain in the Val Venosta Valley. Apart from the historical village centre with its well-preserved houses and farms, idyllic estates and picturesque lanes, the main attractions are the late Gothic parish church of Peter and Paul, Stachlburg castle in the very centre of Parcines (now an organic wine estate), Spauregg House with its distinctive reddish paintwork, the Gaudententurm - a tower now housing a distillery - and the Peter Mitterhofer typewriter museum, a fantastic collection which illustrates the life and work of this most famous Parcines resident.
Unlike Parcines, Rablà/Rabland is located at the very bottom of the valley, but has an equally long and illustrious history. Rablà was of particular economic importance, as this settlement was situated on the Via Claudia Augusta, today known as the Via Venosta. Here, wonderfully restored farm houses compete with distinguished old inns, such as Hotel Hanswirt, lending character to the district. Other attractions include the late Gothic St. Jacob's Church on the main street and the new parish church (also known as Christ Church) right behind it. This was built in 1961 and decorated by the well-known artist Friedrich Gurschler. Also well worth a visit are the Railway Museum, which boasts a miniature landscape that fascinates young and old visitors alike.
This small village is located in the valley at an altitude of about 500 m; it is now a popular starting point for walks such as the Marlinger and Algunder Waalweg trails. In Roman times, this settlement was home to a toll station, which remained functional well into the 19th century and gave the village an interregional status. Thus the name of the village, Tel/Töll, is probably derived from the Latin word "teloneum", meaning toll. Cultural attractions include the paintings in Steidl House, which date back to about 1530, the 14th century St. Helena Church and Bad Egart, the oldest spa in Tyrol, which now houses an art and culture museum. The hydropower station - the first of its kind in South Tyrol - was built between 1895 and 1897 and is regarded as a milestone of industry. The distinctive sluice gate topped with a small house is perched on three brick columns directly about the Adige River and is popular with photographers.
The name Quadrat is probably derived from the Latin word "quadratus", referring to the blocks of stone which were taken from the marble quarry that had been actively mined since Roman times. It was later abandoned, but has since been re-opened during the 20th century, although this time for chalk mining, which is still being undertaken by the company Röfix today. A very well-preserved lime kiln may be seen close to the old quarry. The scattered Quadrathöfe farms can be explored on long walks and are a great attraction in this region.
The other districts in the municipality of Parcines are Sonnenberg, Tabland and Vertigen, all located above Parcines on the Val Venosta Valley Sonnenberg mountain, which are particularly famous for their scattering of old farms.