The climatic terrain cure is a special form of exercise therapy characterised by activity adapted to one’s fitness level, endurance training, and time spent in the outdoors experiencing the landscape, which is carried out through a personalised walking programme.
So-called terrain hiking improves endurance and agility, increases speed and flexibility, reinforces the cardiovascular system, stimulates breathing activity and strengthens muscles, ligaments and joints. It has a positive impact on the metabolism, activates the digestive system and noticeably increases the expenditure of calories.
The climatic terrain cure is recommended for functional cardiovascular disorders, respiratory and metabolic disorders, and above all is a tried and tested method of primary prevention and general health promotion.
The "Terrainkur" trails in Partschins/Parcines have been certified by the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich.
- Total length: 6.6 km
- Length of ascending sections: 2.4 km
- Ø walking time: 2 h 15 min at 3 km/h
- Altitude: approx. 1350 - 1800 m
- Degree of difficulty in terms of performance physiology: very high (7 out of 7)
- Thermal stress level: easy
- Energy expenditure during ascents: 8.1 kcal/min at 3 km/h
- Power output during ascents: 125 Watts at 3 km/h
Route: Take the cable car from Rabland to Aschbach. Here follow trail no. 28 uphill to the Vigiljoch. Next take trail no. 9 in a northerly direction to Gasthaus Seespitz and then along trail nos. 9 and 27 back to your starting point in Aschbach.
Landscape & Requirements: Predominantly shady forest trail - 60% forest - no dust or noise pollution, suitable for climatic terrain hiking all year round even in bad weather; requires excellent physical fitness due to the many ascents.
- Texelbahn cableway parking place, Partschins/Parcines. No Camper-Parking.
- Cemetery parking place, Partschins/Parcines Parking for 1 day - vehicles must be parked on the allotted spaces
From Merano: the Venosta Valley Train 250 or bus 251 to Rabland/Rablà, bus 265 or 266 to the cable way Texelbahn
From Venosta Valley: the Venosta Valley Train 250 to Rabland/Rablà bus 265 or 266 to the cable way Texelbahn