The climatic terrain cure is a special form of exercise therapy characterised by activity adapted to one’s fitness level, endurance training, and time spent in the outdoors experiencing the landscape, which is carried out through a personalised walking programme.
So-called terrain hiking improves endurance and agility, increases speed and flexibility, reinforces the cardiovascular system, stimulates breathing activity and strengthens muscles, ligaments and joints. It has a positive impact on the metabolism, activates the digestive system and noticeably increases the expenditure of calories.
The climatic terrain cure is recommended for functional cardiovascular disorders, respiratory and metabolic disorders, and above all is a tried and tested method of primary prevention and general health promotion.
The "Terrainkur" trails in Partschins/Parcines have been certified by the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich.
- Total length: 7.7 km
- Length of ascending sections: 1.7 km
- Ø walking time: 2 h 30 min. at 3 km/h
- Altitude: approx. 530 – 720 m
- Degree of difficulty in terms of performance physiology: medium-high (5 out of 7)
- Thermal stress level: high
- Energy expenditure during ascents: 6.6 kcal/min at 3 km/h
- Power output during ascents: 75 Watts at 3 km/h
Route: From Partschins take the Sonnenbergweg path to Partschins suspension bridge and the Winklerhof inn. From here head directly onto the Sonnenberg panoramic trail (no. 91) to Naturns. Return to Partschins by bus.
Landscape & Requirements: Trail exposed to the sun and wind with few shady sections - 90% open landscape - deciduous forest, lovely views, benches, mostly flat route with a few short, steeper ascents and descents; due to its exposure to the sun, especially recommended in spring and autumn.
- At Mairhof, Partschins/Parcines bus turning;
At the parking lot, only short-term parking max. 1 hour with parking disc; max. 8 hrs.;
in the basement all-day;
- At Zehentstraße, Partschins;
All-day, in the designated parking area;
- Public swimming pool, Partschins, Zehentstraße;
All-day, in the designated parking area.
From Meran/o: bus 213 to Partschins/Parcines
From Vinschgau valley: train 250 to Rabland/Rablà, bus 265 to Partschins