This cathedral is dedicated to Saint Nicholas, the patron saint of merchants, entrepreneurs and carters. It stands in what was once the commercial center of the town, where goods coming from north and south were traded. The construction started in 1302 and continued until the middle of the 15th century. It is a large Gothic "hall" church. The south side, facing the main market square, was richly decorated and became the main facade. The Gotic portals are richly decorated, and there is a fine 14th century statue of St. Nicholas and an imposing late 15th century fresco of Saint Christopher on this facade. Masses (in German only) Weekdays: 9:00 a.m. Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Sundays: 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m.