Mentioned in the records dating back to 1430, the Bad Egart spa in Via Stazione/Bahnhofstraße street in Tel/Töll was built on an ancient hot spring in Tyrol. The ancient Romans utilized water from three springs as a drink for its curative effects as well as for various treatments. With the arrival of the railway line in the early 20th Century, Bad Egart enjoyed a period of significant prosperity and Empress Elisabeth, the Empress of Austria and Hungary, spent time there.
In 1956 the spa closed only to reopen as a museum and traditional mountain restaurant. Today it houses the Royal & Imperial Bad Egart Museum with a sizeable collection of memorabilia from the Austro-Hungarian period, including numerous antique photographs and some personal effects belonging to Empress Elisabeth and Emperor Franz Joseph.