Most beautifully located above the spa town of Merano/Meran, the village of Scena/Schenna is an exuberant, lively village, which is also characterized by the variety of landscapes and culture.
Among the most impressive tourist attractions in Scena is Schenna Castle, which sits enthroned above the village, and the Mausoleum, the burial place of Archduke Johann and his family, built of red sandstone. Schenna Castle was built around 1350 by Petermann von Schenna. Acquired in 1845 by Archduke Johann of Austria, it is still in the possession of his descendants, the Counts of Merano.
Sacred buildings bear witness to the eventful history of the village. One of the oldest monuments is the Roman St. Martinskirche Church which was built around 1200 and the original St. George's Round Church with its well-preserved frescoes from the 14th century, containing an altar that is attributed to the work of Hans Schnatterpeck. The new parish church nestles in the north to the old parish church, which has been modified several times during the course of the centuries. The new parish church was consecrated in 1931 and houses 14 skilfully carved Stations of the Cross.