By Train and Bicycle
The Venosta railway line, running 60 km from Merano/Meran to Malles/Mals in the upper Vinschgau Valley, is connected to an extensive bicycle-and-hiking-network. There is an outstanding cycling path that leads all the way from Malles to Merano winding slowly downhill through fruit orchards and picturesque meadows, following the ancient Roman trade route “Via Claudia Augusta”.
Following in the steps of this ancient trade route provides ideal cultural and natural attractions for the bicycling enthusiast. Travelling by train and bicycle along this road through the Vinschgau Valley is simply the best and most environmentally friendly way to discover the beautiful landscape of Merano and Environs.
With the bikemobil Card you receive a ticket for the public transport system and a full-day bicycle rental. It is not allowed to carry the bike on public means of transport.
The card enables the owner the use of all public means of transportation belonging to the South Tyrol Integrated Transport Network:
- Regional trains (not Eurostar/Intercity) in South Tyrol (Brennero – Trenot, Malles/Mals – San Candido/Innichen)
- All town and extra-urban bus services
- The cable cars to Renon/Ritten, Maranza/Meransen, San Genesio/Jenesien, Meltina/Mölten, Verano/Vöran and Colle/Kohlern
- The narrow-track railway on the Renon/Ritten Mountain and the cable railway up to the Mendola/Mendel Mountain
- One return journey using the Swiss Post Bus from Malles/Mals to Müstair
Bicycle Rental Service Bici Alto Adige
|Adults (from 14 years)
| Junior (6-13 years)
|bikemobil Card 1 day
Six railway stations on the line Merano - Malles are furnished with bicycle rental services: in Merano at the goods station area (Güterbahnhof), in Naturno, Laces, Spondigna, Silandro and Malles.
Bicycle rental information:
or Tel. +39 0473 201 500
or tel. +39 0474 913 450
For organisational requirements the rental bikes “Bici Alto Adige” can only be returned to bike rentals points “Bici Alto Adige”. Rental bikes "PapinSport" have to be returned only to a bike rental point "PapinSport".