The Parish Church of Vöran/Verano, which is dedicated to Saint Nicholas, is one of the oldest churches on the Tschögglberg high plateau. The church was first documented as far back as 1330.
The walls of the nave date from that time as well. Towards the end of the fifteenth century, the apse was redone in the Gothic style, the nave fitted with two pointed arched doors, and the tower built. During the baroque period, the nave was supplemented with flat-arched windows and a barrel vault; a side chapel was also added. Frescoes depicting the Coronation of the Virgin are interesting from a historical and art-historical perspective, but are not preserved in their entirety.