This short hike leads to the Waidmannalm Mountain Hut in Meran 2000. It is very easy walk and suitable for families with children.
This relaxing recreational hike to the Waidmannalm Mountain Hut begins on Pfiffinger Köpfl, which is accessible from Hafling/Falzeben either with the Falzeben Cable Car or via the Meran 2000 Funicular. This easy winter hike through the plateau’s vast forests follows trail no. 18 all the way to Waidmannalm Mountain Hut without any appreciably steep grades.
A sportier route to Waidmannalm skips the cable car and leads from the parking lot at Falzeben past the Zuegg Hütte and Rotwandhütte Mountain Huts to Pfiffinger Köpfl. From there, the trail leads directly and easily to Waidmannalm Mountain Hut.
description to arrive at destination
Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran - Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo
Two possibilities to reach the summit station:
- parking place in Naiftal/Val di Nova in Meran, ascent with the Meran 2000 funicular
- parking place in Falzeben in Hafling/Avelengo, ascent with the Falzeben cable car
- Parking area in Falzeben, on charge (day-ticket € 4,00 for car)
- Free parking area in Naiftal at the valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular
Valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular/Naiftal:
Valley station of the Falzeben Cable Car:
- Bus no. 225 "Meran - Hafling - Falzeben/Vöran"
- Bus no. 156 "Hafling - Vöran - Mölten - Jenesien"
You'll find the time table on the site: www.sii.bz.it/en