This hike through the Meran 2000 ski area leads along leisurely trails.
The starting point of this hike is the summit station on Meran 2000 (accessible from Hafling/Avelengo either with the Falzeben Cable Car or from Meran/Merano via the Merano 2000 Cable Car). From there the trail no. 18A leads to Waidmannalm Mountain Hut (1,998m) and continues on to the Meraner Hütte Mountain Hut at an elevation of 1,960 metres. The return trip follows trail no. 14 to the Rotwand Hütte Mountain Hut, from there it runs up to the starting point of Piffing.
A sportier route skips the lift and leads from the parking lot at Falzeben past the Zuegg and Rotwand Hütte Mountain Huts to the Pfiffinger Köpfl Mountain Station. Hiking time: 3 hours 45 minutes.
description to arrive at destination
Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran/Merano - Bolzano/Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo
Two possibilities to reach the summit station:
- parking place in Naiftal/Val di Nova in Meran, ascent with the Meran 2000 funicular
- parking place in Falzeben in Hafling/Avelengo, ascent with the Falzeben cable car
- Parking area in Falzeben, on charge (day-ticket € 4,00 for car)
- Free parking area in Naiftal at the valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular
Valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular/Naiftal:
Valley station of the Falzeben Cable Car:
- Bus no. 225 "Meran - Hafling - Falzeben"
- Bus no. 204 "Hafling - Vöran - Mölten - Terlan - Bozen" (until Hafling Dorf, than change to busline no. 225)
You'll find the time table on the site: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/