Hiking on the Marling Höhenweg Trail
Demanding hiking route on the Marling Höhenweg Trail with a beautiful view.
Starting from the centre of the village of Marling, follow path no. 33 past Gasthaus Waalheim up to the start of the Marling Höhenweg high altitude trail. This runs mostly level through meadows, forest and past the Holzmairhöfe farmsteads to Gasthaus Senn am Egg, where it is possible to descend to Marling via path no. 35.
From Meran/Merano or the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the centre of Marling/Marlengo.
On the public car parks in the center of Marlengo (next to the fire brigade and in the Traubenwirt's park) can be parked for free for 120 minutes (with parking ticket!). For a longer parking time parking tickets can be solved (0,50 € / hr), whereby two hours are always free.
The bus line 212 stopps direct in the centre of Marling/Marlengo.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.