A special adventure at Meran 2000 is the idyllic loop trail that runs from either Falzeben or Piffing to Kratzberger See Lake. The small mountain lake, which is easily accessible to families with children, offers a magnificent view of the neighbouring Sarntal Valley. Hikers can cool tired feet in the cold water.
Please note: This is not a bathing lake.
The hike starts at the summit station Piffinger Köpfl, accessible by the Meran 2000 or the Falzeben Cable Car. From here the trail n. 3 takes to Missensteinjoch (2,128m) and the way no. 4 leads to the Kratzberger See Lake. For the return trip take no. 4 to Missensteinjoch, then descend to the Meraner Hütte Mountain Hut .
From there you have different options:
- Follow the trail no. 4 until the Kreuzjöchl, from here the trail no. 15 leads to the Maiseralm and Moschwaldalm Mountain Huts until the parking place in Falzeben.
- From the Meraner Hütte Mountain Hut take trail no. 14 to the Rotwand Hütte Mountain hut, then no. 18 to the summit station.
description to arrive at destination
Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran/Merano - Bolzano/Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo.
Two possibilities to reach the summit station:
- parking place in Naiftal/Val di Nova in Meran, ascent with the Meran 2000 funicular
- parking place in Falzeben in Hafling/Avelengo, ascent with the Falzeben cable car
- Parking area in Falzeben, on charge (day-ticket € 4,00 for car)
- Free parking area in Naiftal at the valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular
Valley station of the Merano 2000 funicular/Naiftal:
Valley station of the Falzeben Cable Car:
- Bus no. 225 "Meran - Hafling - Falzeben"
- Bus no. 204 "Hafling - Vöran - Mölten - Terlan - Bozen" (until Hafling Dorf, than change to busline no. 225)
You'll find the time table on the site: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/