The Merano Racecourse
Due to the First World War, horse racing stopped abruptly in Merano. In the post-war period, the new fascist regime commissioned the architect Paolo Vietti Violi to plan the new racecourse, which was majestically inaugurated on August 30, 1935. The stands were built in the typical rationalist style. The first "Corsa dei milioni" took place there on October 20, 1935 - this competition, known as the "Grand Prix of Merano", is still held today.