Its wide cultural and culinary diversity makes Merano an ideal destination for a "small city trip". Here are some of the unique experiences that no holiday visitor to Merano should miss:
• Admire 80 different botanical landscapes at the "International Garden of the Year 2013", the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle.
• Relax at the Merano Thermal Baths in heated pools and saunas, and enjoy the summer weather in the spa park.
• Take a walk along the famous Tappeinerweg trail, with its magnificent views, and trace the footsteps of the legendary Empress on the "Sissi Trail".
• Become acquainted at the Palais Mamming Museum not only the eventful history of Merano, but also exotic exhibits such as an Egyptian mummy and a death mask of Napoleon.
• Experience top-level hore racing at the Merano Racecourse, one of the most beautiful equestrian facilities in Europe, in summer and autumn.
• At the Merano 2000 skiing and hiking area located on the sunny plateau above Merano, follow the call of the mountains all year round and spend an unforgettable time with the entire family.
• Take a shopping excursion through traditional shops and trendy fashion outlets while strolling in the Laubengasse Arcades, once the longest of their kind in Tyrol.
• Enjoy the flavors of Alpine-Mediterranean cuisine at the table and toast your own holiday with a glass of locally produced high-quality wine.