12 kilometers long, the Marlinger Waalweg trail is a popular hiking trail which runs along the former irrigation channels, the longest of its kind in South Tyrol.
From the village square in Marling/Marlengo the route heads along path no. 35 up to the Marling Waalweg trail. Follow the Waalweg signposts toward Lana. At the end of the Waalweg there is a short, steep descent to the bus station in Oberlana/Lana di Sopra. From there, bus number 211 runs to Marlinger Brücke/Ponte di Marlengo bridge. Path no. 33 continues the route from the bridge back to Marling/Marlengo village square.
Description to arrive at destination
From Meran/Merano or the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta in to the centre of Marling/Marlengo.
On the public car parks in the center of Marlengo (next to the fire brigade and in the Traubenwirt's park) can be parked for free for 120 minutes (with parking ticket!). For a longer parking time parking tickets can be solved (0,50 € / hr), whereby two hours are always free.
Starting point in Marling/Marlengo: The bus line 212 stopps directly in the centre of Marling/Marlengo.
Return to Marling/Marlengo from Lana: From the bus station in Oberlana/Lana di Sopra the bus number 211 runs to Marlinger Brücke/Ponte di Marlengo bridge. Path no. 33 continues the route from the bridge back to Marling/Marlengo village square.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.