Circular Hike on the Marling Waalweg and Höhenweg Trails with start at the Hotel Restaurant Waldschenke.
The starting point of this circular hike on Marlinger Berg mountain is the public car park at Restaurant Waldschenke. From here, follow the Marling Waalweg trail toward Töll/Tell until it joins the Marling Höhenweg high altitude trail. This trail climbs up past Gasthaus Senn am Egg and the Holzmair farmsteads to Gasthaus Tschigg. From then on, the route follows trail no. 33 downhill as far as Restaurant Waalheim, from where the Marling Waalweg trail will lead you back to the starting point.
Description to arrive at destination
From Meran/Merano or the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the centre of Marlengo then the street Felix Weg/V. San Felice up to the restaurant Waldschenke.
The bus line 212 goes directly into the centre of Marling/Marlengo. From there about 20 min. up to the restaurant Waldschenke.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.