High Above Marling with start in the center of Marling village.
This circular hike begins in the center of Marling.
The route follows path no. 35 towards the Marling Höhenweg trail. Cross over this trail and continue, following the signposts, as far as Gasthaus Eggerhof. From here follow the signposts toward Almboden, from where the route continues along path no. 31, past Gasthaus Tschigg and from there onward along path no. 33 back into the village centre.
description to arrive at destination
From Meran/Merano or from the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the centre of Marling/Marlengo. Parking available.
On the public car parks in the center of Marlengo (next to the fire brigade and in the Traubenwirt's park) can be parked for free for 120 minutes (with parking ticket!). For a longer parking time parking tickets can be solved (0,50 € / hr), whereby two hours are always free.
The bus line 212 goes directly into the centre of Marling/Marlengo.
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.