Toward the sun: easy route with start at the railway station of Marling/Marlengo.
This route leads from the village center toward Marling railway station. Immediately after the station the path climbs up on the steep Untersteinersteig trail to the Marling Waalweg trail.
Follow this toward Lana as far as Restaurant Waalheim. From there continue along path no. 33 back into the village center.
description to arrive at destination
From Meran/Merano or from the valley Vinschgau/Val Venosta to the train station. Parking available.
On the public car park next to the station of Marlengo can be parked for free for 120 minutes (with parking ticket!). For a longer parking time parking tickets can be solved (0,50 € / hr), whereby two hours are always free.
Take the train Vinschger Bahn line 250 either from Mals/Malles or from Meran/Merano and get off at Marling station. You can also take the bus line 212. Timetable www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
Good to know:
- emergency call 112
- weather report: weather.provinz.bz.it
- timetable: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en
5 hiking rules:
- Every tour should be planned carefully and should correspond to one’s individual physical condition
- Equipment must be the right size. You should have sturdy footwear, a weatherproof rucksack, sun protection, warm and windproof clothing.
- Avoid walking too fast. The tempo should be determined by the slowest member of your company.
- Do not stray from the market trails.
- Keep the mountains clean! Please take all your refuse back down with you.
No special equipment is necessary. However, suitable hiking clothes, mountain boots and sufficient drinking are required.