The Masters of Braunsberg were first mentioned in the records in 1213; from 1492 in the possession of the Counts Trapp, latterly inherited by the Counts Strachwitz, who restored the castle; simple layout with a curtain wall, residential building, tower-like and chapel (St. Blasius).
The castle towering high above the Gaulschlucht gorge is a landmark of Lana. It was the seat of the Lords of Braunsberg mentioned in 1213, belonged to the Trapp Counts Matsch from 1492 to 1969 until Braunsberg Castle passed into the inheritance of the Counts Strachwitz in 1969.
The small and simple complex, part of which fell into the Gaulschlucht gorge in 1510, consists of a curtain wall, residential building, tower-like outbuilding and the St. Blasius Chapel. It was first mentioned in a document in 1323, but is certainly older because of its Romanesque architectural style and was originally located outside the castle walls.
Various stylistic periods can be found: The portal dates from the late Gothic period, the open pulpit from 1538, the crucifixion group and the figures of Saints Vigilius and Blasius from 1592 with frames from 1669 and the Baroque altar from 1690.
The castle is privately owned and cannot be visited.