Widely visible, the Chapel of St. Magnus in Gagers lies on the original road to the Ultental Valley. In 1722 the Abbey of St. Mang in Füssen purchased the Gagerser Hof from Weingarten Abbey in Württemberg and had the residential building converted into a manor house for the administrator. In 1724 construction began on the cross-in-square church with projecting apses and bell wall. Two years later the church was consecrated.
The ceiling frescoes, which were completed in 1732 using the secco technique, show the extraordinary powers of St. Magnus: healing the sick - making the blind see - healing the crippled - raising the dead. The excellent life-sized sculptures on the high altar represent saints Magnus, Benedict and Scholastica. They were created by Bartholomäus Steinle in 1619 for the abbey church of the Benedictine Abbey of St. Magnus in Füssen and brought to Lana in 1725.
St. Magnus with his miraculous staff was the subject of great reverence and was expecially invoked for his assistance against rats and vermin, in the fight against pests in the vineyards, and against cockchafers.