During your hikes in the alpine meadows, it's particularly important to maintain a respectful interaction with the grazing animals present there. These creatures are inherently peaceful and calm. By following the following advice, you can avoid potential conflicts with the animals:
- Stay on the path and do not leave marked trails. If an animal is blocking your path, go round it.
- Keep your distance: give the animals space, avoid contact and do not pet or feed them.
- Keep calm: cows have a limited field of vision and are easily scared. Make sure you can be seen in good time and move quietly.
- Mother animals are highly sensitive: avoid approaching young animals or putting yourself between an animal and its mother.
- Keep all dogs on a lead: grazing animals often feel threatened by dogs, so keep your four-legged friend on a lead.